Location: Fivehead Arable Fields SSI
Date: 18th September 2018
Time: 10:00am – 15.00pm
We need your help to collect seeds of rare and threatened arable plants!
Fivehead Arable Fields SSSI, managed by Somerset Wildlife Trust, is a hotspot for arable plants. These four fields are unique in Britain, and have many endangered species. To help conserve the plants, Join us for a day collecting seed to save in Kew’s Millennium Seed Bank.
Everyone welcome and all training will be provided on the day. Booking is essential as places are limited. Please email email@example.com
Further details below:
MEET AT: 10:00am Fivehead Arable Fields SSSI, Cathanger Lane, Fivehead, Taunton, TA3
TIME: 10am – 3pm, Tuesday 18th September
PARKING: Limited parking on road verges near the gateway. Please car share if possible.
- Lunch and something to drink
- Plant identification books, such as The Wild Flower Key by Francis Rose or Arable Plants – a field guide by Phil Wilson and Miles King (if you have them)
- Hand lens (some hand lenses will be available on loan for the survey if you do not have one)
- Wet weather gear if the weather is inclement, or sun cream and hat etc. if the weather is fair
- Good walking shoes or wellington boots
There are limited facilities at Fivehead Arable Fields and the nearest facilities are within the village of Fivehead or the local garden centre.
CONTACT: For questions about the event or problems on the day please contact Alison Mitchell on email at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07960 150184.